Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I never thought...

     I honestly never thought I would catch my sweet son falling asleep while in the middle of something.  I mean this kid just goes and goes and goes.  
     Unlike his momma he doesn't like to sleep in the car, and getting him to stop playing long enough during the day to get a nap in has even become a more difficult task lately.
     Yesterday was a ROUGH day.  Aiden actually slept through the night on Sunday night but woke up Monday morning and was tired and rubbing his eyes within two hours time!  He was cranky, didn't want to play, didn't want to eat, didn't want to sleep.  This went on all day.  I tried twice to put him down for a nap....and it was a fight both times to get him to even lie down on the bed.  He screamed and cried and begged to go play.  I, being tired myself gave up and let him stay up both times.  
     Finally around 4pm he got really really cranky, but decided he was also hungry.  He quickly finished off an apple, a banana, and a peanut butter cracker and I finally put a bag of cheetos in his hands.  As his tummy became full he got really groggy and I noticed that each time he reached for another cheeto his head slumped a little lower and his eyes began to shut.  
     Don't get me wrong he STILL fought off sleep...for almost 10 minutes he nodded off while chewing his cheetos until finally I put my hand on his head, scooted him up to the table and put a roll of toilet paper under his cheek to prop him up....and he finally gave in......  sweet sleep!
     He slept with his head on the toilet paper roll and then on the table for an hour and then for another hour in my arms.  Too sweet for words......  I only wish I had been able to get a video of the whole thing....pictures will have to do.



1 comment:

ATB said...

Julee...this was so funny!!! Andy and I both laughed and laughed when we saw this. Thanks for making our day.

We fly to Manila on Feb 3 and we are really excited. If you guys just happen to get some time off we would love to see you! It sure won't be the same without you guys there. Love you lots! Tyler