Friday, June 25, 2010

Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays...

May and June are busy birthday months for the Bellar household!! My birthday begins it all on May 7th, then we have Kailen's b-day on the 29th, followed by Aiden's on June 14th!

Its been a busy few weeks getting the boys' birthday stuff in, but we managed it and had lots of fun in the process.

I uploaded the pics on reverse order so we'll start with Aiden.

I can't believe this kiddo is THREE YEARS OLD!!!! He is pretty amazing. Talks absolutely NON stop, and lately he has become quite the storyteller.
We had a swimming birthday party for Aiden last weekend at a local hotel here in Battambang. It was complete with Cars movie theme decorations and I made a Piston Cup birthday cake (only wish you could hear Aiden say Piston cup....he puts SO much umph into the 'P' that he spits everywhere!)


On to little mister Kailen. It truly doesn't seem possible that this little fellow is a year old already! He has SO much personality. He babbles non-stop and demands you make eye-contact with him when he is chattering at you. Lately he has come up with this new little belly laugh, and its rather mischievous and utterly adorable. He's just too much fun!



Grammy and Papa Jake sent a package over for both the boys complete with these two adorable dragon towels (Aiden flies around the house every evening now and says his name is little dragon!), and of course light sabers...but I'm pretty sure those were meant for Chris!! ;o)

Aunt Holly and Kailen share the same birthday so we did a duel party....Thomas the Train theme and a train cake. Lots of fun!


As for me...well, I can't believe I'm 33 years old! I don't feel like I've lived that long, and life just keeps getting crazier each day....and better too!
Chris and I got to go on a real date, thanks to Aunt Holly...very needed and very fun!


On the day of my birthday some of the AIDS home care team were making a special Khmer treat. I won't even pretend I know how to spell it out in English, but trust me, they are YUMMY!!! We don't get to eat them very often as they aren't an everyday kind of treat and they take a long time to make. Anyways, they brought them over to the our house and sang happy birthday to me and we totally PIGGED out on them...SO good!


It will be fun to see what this next year holds for all of us. With a move to Indonesia and the boys just growing up so fast we are trying to take things one day at a time and cherish every single moment that we have together. God has richly blessed us!

No comments: