Thursday, September 25, 2008

new words...new things to do

We have been a co-sleeping family since the day we brought Aiden home from the hospital.  For the most part I love it...but there are times that I want my own bed and a full night's sleep!  

This morning at about 3 am Aiden was tossing and turning (his sleep is TERRIBLE when he's teething, and he's got yet another tooth pushing its way through...#14) and he finally sat up and scooted closer to me to cuddle.  Honestly my first reaction was "PLEASE Aiden go back to sleep...please, please, please!"  And then in his own sweet way he laid his head on my tummy and wiggled his fingers around and said "tickle, tickle, tickle..."

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  I was tired and desperate for sleep, but this was also the first time he's ever tickled somebody on his own and it was TERRIBLY cute!  So many new words...so many new things to do with them!

I am thankful to say that he cuddled for a bit longer and then fell back asleep....as did I.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes in your moments of near desperation, they say something that just makes you melt? I went in to Natalie the other night in the middle of a night of not very good sleep and she asked for some water. I grabbed her cup and gave her a drink and she promptly pushed it away and said "wawer not cold any more" and laid her head back down and fell asleep. I wasn't sure whether to be frustrated by her refusal of the water or just entertained by the matter-of-fact assessment she gave before going right back to sleep. I will admit though that it becomes much more fun and entertaining as they talk more. I am sure you guys would agree with that.